BB Media Player shows files on new Tour

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

BB Media Player shows files on new Tour

New postby daytrip00 on Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:27 am

Hello,

Apologies if this is user error, but under "general settings" i have the "Show files in media player" set to "No" but they're still showing up in the BB Media player. Is there any way I can hide them. It's a little problematic, because when i want to listen to music, i'll be listening and then it'll queue up my podcasts in the middle. I have the BB Tour on Verizon.

Thanks,
Martin
daytrip00

Re: BB Media Player shows files on new Tour

New postby marwatk on Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi Martin,

The way PodTrapper attempts to hide them is by changing their extension. Unfortunately the media player won't actually play them renamed, so PodTrapper has to change them back before playback. It keeps them named with their real names while you're playing back, and attempts to name them back to the hidden name after you're finished. In some cases (like if you exit PodTrapper, or pull the battery, etc) it doesn't get a chance to name them back and they end up staying with the real file name. If you get a lot of tehse you can toggle the setting to show them in BBMP, save, then switch it back, and it will go through and rename them all again.

It's a total hack to make it work, but I haven't found a better approach, and it seems to work for the most part.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby ThomasKloos on Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:43 pm

I am having the same issue on the storm... I would have thought that just keeping the podcasts separate from the "music" would be enough to keep the media player from grabbing them.

Maybe you need to write a music player so that they stay separated. What do you think?

It's very annoying to want to listen to music and as you shuffle all the music (I have 11 albums at the moment) you end up getting an hour podcast in the mix... :D

Great work BTW. I LOVE the new version with the unplayed podcasts at the top....
ThomasKloos

New postby marwatk on Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:19 pm

Heh, there are feature requests out there for music-like playback within podtrapper, but I haven't thought about it sincerely yet. It might be doable, though.

ANy time you see this happen you can go back in to PodTrapper, Settings -> Generall Settings, set them to all show in the media player, save, then set it back and save again. It'll rename them all back to the way it should be.

I'm working on making that happen automatically periodically so it doesn't become so much of an issue.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help