Upgraded BB OS - all podcasts gone!

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Upgraded BB OS - all podcasts gone!

New postby scloughley on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm

I jsut upgraded my 8900 OS (one reason is to get better battery life), and I used BB Desktop Manager which seemed to see PT (and all the other apps I have on the BB like Opera and Pandora).
Well...all went well with opera bookmarks and pandora channels (I didn't even have to log back in to Pandora).
BUT
All my podcasts are gone. Totally expunged.
Or are they....?

Do you have any secret info on how I might restore my PT to where it was before the upgrade?

Thanks
scloughley

Re: Upgraded BB OS - all podcasts gone!

New postby diffused on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:50 pm

Are they gone from your BB? Try this:
PodTrapper>menu>settings>general settings>menu>restore from backup
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby scloughley on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 am

Hadn't know about that...oh well. I got all my feeds back in there manually. Not too horrible a situation. But good to know, and thanks for suggesting it.
scloughley

New postby gerber on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:08 pm

I have this problem every time I upgrade my BBerry OS or type in my password wrong more than 3 times and wipe my device. When either of those situations happen I have to start over with Podtrapper settings and re-download my podcasts.

All other app settings seem to survive the upgrade or wipe process which is odd. I can also rename the downloaded files from .dat to .mp3 and they play using the built in media player but I can't get podtrapper to recognize them as part of it's database. My IT policy is set to encrypt files on the SD card with password encryption but exclude encryption of media files which is probably the root problem.

I'm really happy with Podtrapper, it is just really annoying to have to start over.
gerber

New postby arkolbus on Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:02 am

gerber wrote:I have this problem every time I upgrade my BBerry OS or type in my password wrong more than 3 times and wipe my device. When either of those situations happen I have to start over with Podtrapper settings and re-download my podcasts.

Does the "Restore from Backup" feature not work?
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby gerber on Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:40 pm

No, Podtrapper says it can't find a valid backup even though the backup files are in the download directory.
gerber

New postby arkolbus on Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:17 am

gerber wrote:No, Podtrapper says it can't find a valid backup even though the backup files are in the download directory.

Oh, I see. The backup files are encrypted on the media card, and you can't decrypt them because the key is gone? If that's the case, you'll probably have to transfer the latest backup file to your computer before you upgrade or wipe your device, then transfer it back afterwards. It may be a good idea to transfer a backup to your PC right after you have PT up and running with all your podcasts, that way you have something to work with after an accidental wipe.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:58 pm

Sounds like the new storage dir and the old one aren't the same. You can fix it by going to Storage Settings -> (Menu) Change storage dir and pointing it at the folder with all the backups. That should let podtrapper see the backup files and let you restore. Let me know if not. (You may want to save a copy of your backups first, since PT needs to exit to move the files around).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help