Need to restart phone for desktop downloader

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Need to restart phone for desktop downloader

New postby arkolbus on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:03 am

When I use desktop downloader (1.3), I will get the message "Opening channel..." on the desktop, and it will hang. PT does not recognize any connection with the desktop, and does not download (I have cell updates off). Sometimes this is associated with an error message on the BB (Error 119?). When I see the error message, PT is automatically shut down. If I open PT again on the BB, it still will not connect, regardless of any combination of closing/opening the desktop manager, desktop downloader, podtrapper, and disconnecting/connecting USB.

In order to get it working again, I have to restart [alt+rightshift+delete] my BB, and then it will connect and download without any problems until my next attempt.

This would not be a big deal if the BB didn't take several minutes to restart.

Forgive me if any of the messages above are inexact. I am relying on memories from the morning. If you need additional or more precise information, let me know.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Re: Need to restart phone for desktop downloader

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:09 pm

Hey Andrew,

I haven't figured out how to correct this one. Basically what happens is that any time PodTrapper crashes it can't de-register the USB channel. So, when you start it back up, it can't re-register it either. I may be able to store the registered channel in the device memory, and get it after a crash to reset everything, but I'm not sure. I'll try it out, though.

Probably better, though, would be to solve the crash. See any pattern in what causes it? (Sounds like a 'not responding' error, which means PodTrapper isn't responding to events fast enough and the OS kills it). The 119 you're seeing is the process identifier.

Let me know.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Need to restart phone for desktop downloader

New postby arkolbus on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:24 pm

marwatk wrote:Hey Andrew,

Probably better, though, would be to solve the crash. See any pattern in what causes it? (Sounds like a 'not responding' error, which means PodTrapper isn't responding to events fast enough and the OS kills it). The 119 you're seeing is the process identifier.

Let me know.

-Marcus

I don't notice any behavioral patterns that cause the crash, but I can confirm that it is a "not responding" error.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Bugs and help