Rolling back to previous version

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Rolling back to previous version

New postby sperho on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:47 am

I'm having problems with getting podcasts to download since I upgraded to v2.5. Does anyone know where previous versions can be downloaded and installed OTA? I was on 2.1.17 I believe and I'd like to roll back to see if downloads work again. Thanks.
sperho

Re: Rolling back to previous version

New postby arkolbus on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:20 am

It looks like 2.2.2 is still available at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta, but I don't think much has changed between 2.2.2 and 2.5.0.

You can list your download settings here, but your best bet is to email a copy of your logs to Marcus (PT -> Menu -> Email developer, "Yes" when prompted to attach diagnostic logs)

Edit: Check to make sure OTA downloads are enabled. It may be that the setting isn't preserved when upgrading. Another user had a similar issue: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=734
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby sperho on Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:45 am

I'm currently thinking that it was a bad link to a podcast. I went to the server with a PC browser and the file wouldn't download there, either. I'm surprised PT didn't kick it out of the queue after 5 bad attempts. Don't know what happened there... For the record, I rolled back to v2.2.2.
sperho

New postby marwatk on Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:01 pm

The way bad stuff is handle has changed quite a bit since the last release, so there could definitely be bugs there. If you see it again can you shoot me a copy of your logs? (Via the 'Email Developer' menu item).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help