PodTrapper will not start

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

PodTrapper will not start

New postby rscarlett on Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 pm

I have a Verizon Tour and downloaded the trial version of the software, first through your website, then through Blackberry Apps. Both times, when trying to start the program I get the following error messages:

Out of memory error

or

Module 'podtrapper-2' has verification errors.

Any help here? I've closed open applications and done a battery pull twice, but these have not helped.
rscarlett

Re: PodTrapper will not start

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:00 pm

Hmm, not sure what's going on there. Can you try the beta version?
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

It has OS-specific versions, hopefully one of those will avoid the problem. Let me know if not and I'll dig around on the RIM boards.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby rscarlett on Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Marcus, thanks for the quick reply....

I deleted ver. 2.5 and downloaded 2.6. When trying to start the application, I get the following:

"Error starting podtrapper: Module 'podtrapper-1' has verification errors"

If I push "OK" and try again to start the application, I get:

"Error starting podtrapper: Error loading module 'podtrapper' OutOfMemoryError"

So...the beta version was no help. I'll look forward to the results of your troubleshooting.

Thanks.
rscarlett

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Hmm,

Have you run anything like memory cleanup or a hybrid OS or leaked OS?

Trying to figure out what could be going on. The verification errors are generally a sign that the app is using some feature not present on the OS, but I've never seen it on a live device before.

Let me know...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby rscarlett on Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:49 pm

Marcus,

First off, congrats on the Crackberry award! I'm even more excited now to get PodTrapper working on my Tour!

I don't run a leaked OS. I've been tempted, but am running the official Verizon OS for the Tour.

I am wondering about the memory clean-up that you speak of. I don't have anything like that, but am wondering if that is necessary to run (in addition to the QuickPull Free that I am using) from time to time. My unit shows 43.6 MB of free space for application memory....shouldn't that be enough to run the application?

Tonight I just downloaded a couple new apps that are also giving me similar issues....TeleNav and QuickLaunch. I am getting out of memory errors for them too...so I suspect it is not a PodTrapper issue, but something with my phone. Could I have too many apps loaded? I try to make sure that they are all closed out when I am done using them to avoid a slow Blackberry app experience. But it's frustrating when you can't even get them to start at all.

Any suggestions you may have are most welcome!

Happy New Year....may 2010 be a great year for you!

Roger
rscarlett

New postby marwatk on Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:57 pm

Another user was seeing something like this and he figured out it was caused by a 'task manager' app. Do you have anything like that installed on your phone? The amount of apps shouldn't be a problem. 40+mb if plenty (I used to consistently run with ~12mb on my 8320).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help