Play/Pause Error - v2.6.0

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

Play/Pause Error - v2.6.0

New postby scottachapin on Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:52 pm

On my BB Storm (v1) running the beta of 2.6.0, using mute button for play/pause when the app is in the foreground instantly starts then stops the podcast. Using other buttons and when the app is in other states (background,locked) seem to work fine. I "moved" my play/pause to the right button for now.

Running 5.0.0.328 (platform 4.2.0.128)

I just upgraded to the beta yesterday, but haven't had any other problems.
scottachapin

Re: Play/Pause Error - v2.6.0

New postby scottachapin on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:18 pm

After restarting the app (did phone reboot after initial install), the original issue of the active app, mute button pause/play is no longer an issue. Now my problem is that regardless of my Keyboard Settings in the app, the mute button always acts as Pause/Play, even when I have it set to None for "locked" and "background".

I tried exit/restarting the app after changing these settings and it asked for permissions again (already asked after reboot and previous stop/start)

I know this is a beta, so hopefuly this helps debug things.
scottachapin

Re: Play/Pause Error - v2.6.0

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:57 pm

Hi there,

Hmm, the play/pause thing I'll have to think about. The trick there is that it's now considered a 'media key', so the OS determines what the action is. I'll see if I can figure out how to turn that functionality off for certain keys (like the top mute button).

The permissions thing is actually an OS bug (it doesn't properly report the permissions to the app, so the app doesn't know it has the right perms). You can avoid it by hitting 'no' to that dialog and it won't ask again.

Let me know if you run in to any other issues.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Bugs and help