Enhanced Desktop Downloader

Got an idea for an improvement? Post it here.
Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for PodTrapper.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Enhanced Desktop Downloader

New postby Casier98 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello there,

Just like to start off by saying you've done one hell of a job with this program. It's surprising there really isn't anything else out there that does what PodTrapper does, or at the very least, anywhere near as well.

I was curious about one thing though. There was one request further down for download progress on the desktop downloader. I was curious if that could be taken 1 step further and have the ability to play the podcasts back on the desktop.

I ask this because I'm an (almost) former Zune user, and for the year that I had the Zune, I loved it for that ability....to download my podcasts on the desktop, sync them up, and whatever device I played them on (Zune or PC), the bookmarks kept in sync. I would kill for that feature here....

I am a programmer myself, so, I started writing something on my own, and it's coming along, but it just takes a lot of time, which I don't have a whole lot of these days.

Just a thought...thanks!!!

PS...a nice black color scheme would go a long way too :)
Casier98

Re: Enhanced Desktop Downloader

New postby marwatk on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:34 pm

Hi there,

It would be... tricky. I have it in my head to expand the desktop app, but any time spent with it is not spent making the primary mobile app better, so it's probably going to be a while. :(

The theme thing is definitely a work in progress :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Feature requests