Version 1.0.11 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.0.11 Released!

New postby marwatk on Mon Nov 24, 2008 9:06 pm

Hi all,

I just posted version 1.0.11, get it at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

I'm still working on a desktop download app to sit in your system tray and allow downloads through the desktop for those on carriers that limit file sizes. Hopefully not too much longer. For now, I hope this fixes issues people were having, let me know, and remember to let me know if you'd like to see any additional functionality.

The changes were these:

• Finally fixed old episodes being redownloaded issue (I hope)<br/>This would cause previously deleted episodes to be seen as new episodes and downloaded again (and shown on top of really newer episodes).
  • Revamped download manager to properly kill and retry failed downloads
  • Fixed download manager not always showing status
  • Fixed issue where Podtrapper would sometimes not exit when asked
  • Fixed issue with pause icon errantly showing up in multiple places
  • Added more keyboard shortcuts, see http://www.versatilemonkey.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=12
  • Added setting to only download when charging
  • Spread out media buttons for Blackberry Storm users
  • Fixed issue where logs wouldn't wrap properly
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Version 1.0.11 Released!

New postby snooze on Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:30 am

This update is working smoothly for me. n podcatching app like this is a niche that definitely needed to be filled on the Blackberry. Thanks, again.
snooze

New postby mcnock on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:32 pm

Update went well

The space bar did stop and start the player

When app is in focus, the suspend button on top of a curve, also starts and stops the player

When app is not in focus, the suspend button on top of a curve, did NOT starts and stops the player

Thanks for the update
mcnock

New postby marwatk on Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:03 am

Hi mcnock,

Unfortunately you've hit on my biggest complaint with the Blackberry platform. Third party applications (as opposed to ones like RIM's media player) are disallowed from seeing any key presses when they are not the focus. So it's impossible for me to see that the suspend button has been pressed while Podtrapper is in the background :/

I tried to work around it with my own 'Lock keys' screen, which attempts to keep the focus while preventing inadvertent key presses, but it's a less than optimal solution. Unfortunately it's the only one until RIM allows us to see those actions when we're out of focus.

Though I'm always open for alternative suggestions if you have any to get around the issue...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements