Version 1.1.2 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.1.2 Released!

New postby marwatk on Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:56 am

Hi all,

This release is mostly bug fixes and really minor features. I'm still working on the file browser mode, hopefully that'll be my next release.

The only largish feature in this version is the ability to download (I hope) podcasts that require authentication. Oh, and a version check.

As always, download the new version at http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/

Here's the complete list:

• Adjust icons to have sharper contrast forum post
  • Increase limit for unfinished and max auto forum post
  • Allow for inverting the sort of displayed podcasts
  • Setting to show only ready podcasts forum post
  • Add setting where if an episode is deleted and it has more old episodes that haven't been downloaded, download some of those to reach the 'toKeep' number. forum post
  • Fix shutdown not really shutting down (really fixed this time, I swear)
  • Allow for subscribing to podcasts with authentication (see the 'Edit podcast' menu item to set username/password)
  • On Storm fix that the progress bar gets displayed too small (can someone verify this is fixed?)
  • Fixed bug where player wouldn't know what state it is in (may not be all cases, let me know if you still see issues here) forum post
  • Add keyboard shortcuts for forward (o,p,.,@) and back (q,w,!,#), make multiple clicks queue up for rapid seeking forum post
  • Find and fix issue where menu can disappear never to reappear again. forum post
  • Automatic check for new versions (of podtrapper itself) forum post

That leaves this list as my current todo list:
  • Todo: File browser mode for playing/bookmarking any file on the device forum post forum post
  • Todo: Add playlist functionality for automatically playing podcasts in order forum post
  • Todo: Inserting USB cable while playing throws uncaught null pointer exception if mass storage mode is set to auto forum post
  • Todo: Allow for podcasts to be added by supplying an OPML file forum post
  • Todo: Keep investigating whether it's possible to capture headset button press and mute button when app doesn't have focus (probably not possible) forum post
  • Todo: When playing a video podcast keep the screen visible
  • Todo: Storm: has issues with popups forum post
  • Todo: Storm: Would be nice to be able to click on the items directly (can this be done without going storm specific?) forum post
  • Todo: Setting to run on start forum post

If you see anything missing definitely drop me a line.
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Version 1.1.2 Released!

New postby edzzik on Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:22 am

Hey,

Some great improvements here. I noticed that the sstart on startup setting is actually included in this release. :D
edzzik

New postby edzzik on Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:21 pm

edzzik wrote:Some great improvements here. I noticed that the sstart on startup setting is actually included in this release. :D

But, it does not seem to work :cry: I enabled the setting, restarted the BB, and don't see Podtrapper as a running application. Oh well.. maybe in the next release :)
edzzik

New postby marwatk on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:50 pm

Crap, I forgot to remove that from the list and settings before I sent it out. (And then I went on vacation, heh, comedy of errors).

During testing before release I found that at startup the media card isn't ready for viewing yet (in a way that very much upset podtrapper), so I'll have to add some code to monitor that situation before letting podtrapper continue to load. So while getting it to start on startup is easy (and what I added), I had to pull it at the last minute because getting it to *work* on startup wasn't so easy :)

Unfortunately I wasn't smart enough to remove it from the feature list and settings menu...

Hoping to have a working solution in the next release. Maybe no one will notice ;)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements