HoneyDew public beta!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

HoneyDew public beta!

New postby marwatk on Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi all,

I finally got another app done (or mostly done). I'd love feedback on it (including what you think it's worth).

Check it out here (including introduction video):
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: HoneyDew public beta!

New postby cadzilla74 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:53 pm

I still think PodTrapper is a top-3 app on my Storm so when I see you have a new app in play I'm all ears ...

Couple of quick Honeydew questions please ... my Storm is getting a little "app heavy" ... how big is the memory footprint?

My wife has an 8703e running OS 4.2 ... does HoneyDew support both OS 4.7 and 4.2?

When my wife falls in love with this app and beats me down with so many HoneyDew requests that my Storm can barely open the app are you going to come over and help me do all the crap she wants done?
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:53 pm

Hi there,

Couple of quick Honeydew questions please ... my Storm is getting a little "app heavy" ... how big is the memory footprint?

Very light, the app itself is only 50k, and it only stores text so you should be good to go.

My wife has an 8703e running OS 4.2 ... does HoneyDew support both OS 4.7 and 4.2?

Should support and sync with both no problem, I'd be very interested to hear otherwise...

When my wife falls in love with this app and beats me down with so many HoneyDew requests that my Storm can barely open the app are you going to come over and help me do all the crap she wants done?

No. :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby cadzilla74 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:31 am

Thanks Marcus ...

I'll install this on our BB's when I get home from work this morning and let you know how it works for us.

You sure you don't want to come over and help out? Plenty of cold beer. You just have to steady the ladder and keep 911 on speed dial ...

Seriously though, this looks like a great concept ... we've tried using BB Messenger to send each other reminders and something always goes wrong ... LOL. Forget to save message, copy info someplace else and forget about it ... the list goes on.
<HTC Thunderbolt/Gingerbread and Motorola Droid 3/Gingerbread - Verizon - PodTrapper 3.0.21> - <HoneyDew 2.0.6 HTC Thunderbolt/Motorola Droid 3>
cadzilla74

New postby kaediil on Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:32 pm

My wife and I have been using it for a few days on a pair of 8330's running 4.5 OS on Sprint. Do you have to physically click the synch now to get the data sent? I thought that when I escaped out of the app it would send the synch. If it is supposed to, then it is a little flaky (read that to mean it does not seem to work) on our phones. If not, can you make it do that? Too often if I am in a rush I just exit the app and don't synch it because I am in a hurry.

Also, I would really like to see a little star or and indication in the icon for the app that an update has been received.

As for cost, since you need to buy two copies for this to really work, I would hope the total for both copies would be no more then PodTrapper.

Thanks btw, this is a cool little app.

-frank
kaediil

New postby marwatk on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Hi Frank,

It'll only do it on exit once per hour. Though now that I think about it it should send an update after an hour if there are some to be sent. The goal is to prevent updates from going out continuously if you're switching back and forth between adding stuff and doing something else.

Is it not working at all when you exit ever?

I'm targeting $1.50 per phone, what do you think about that? (I wanted $.99 but the app world floor is $2.99, so I'm compromising by giving you two licenses with an App world purchase, but everywhere else you can buy in units of 1 for $1.50).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby kaediil on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 pm

I can't say that it never is since I was really testing it tonight when I had both phones and did not wait for an hour. It may have done it the first time but I can't be sure since the second time it did not so it made me doubt that I had seen it the first time.

Oh and yes, I agree that you should make it update once an hour at least (can you make that rate selectable in 15 minute increments?).

Oh and the more I have played with it, the indication of an update is something that would be really useful. For example, if I am at the store getting the items and just got the last one and closed the app, then a new update came in, without some kind of indication I might miss it.

2.99 is a good price. I think I would buy it at that price.

-frank
kaediil

New postby cadzilla74 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:43 am

My wife and I have been using this for a few days now and it really is very handy. I think the $2.99 for 2 license pricepoint is a sweet spot. And offering additional licenses singly is also a good idea. I see there's a new version out already. I'm reading the Forums now.

Good luck Marcus. This is a cool little app for sure.
cadzilla74

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Thanks!
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements