New PodTrapper Beta

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Beta

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:43 am

Hi guys,

Ok, I finished the major feature I wanted to get in before the next production release: bookmarks!

Basically you can now bookmark the location you're at in playback with a text note, so that you can get back to it later. (I've wanted to do this a lot for letting my wife listen to something interesting). Let me know what you think.

Over the weekend I'll be revamping the feature process for all of my apps, so that any registered users are allowed to vote up any feature or bugfix, or suggest new ones, or comment on them.

Grab the latest beta here:
http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/beta/

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Beta

New postby Guest on Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 am

I am not sure if it is fixed, but in .14 the countdown timer freezing at 9 seconds left "locking" up the program. The "Sleep timer pausing podtrapper in 9 seconds" $essage shows and freezes. The only way to unfreeze it is to restart my phone. The app is unresponsive.

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm uploading a release now (2.1.16) that fixes it.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tripper_ on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:14 pm

I can't figure out how to work bookmarks. When I go in and view my created bookmarks I can't get them to play. Also, When creating bookmarks I have to hit OK using the trackball it will not let me use the enter key. It would be nice to able to select the sleep timer with the "s" key and view the bookmarks with the "v" key. I have the 8900. Thanks
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 am

Right now the bookmarks are informational only. I was mulling over how it should handle playing them back given that you may not want to lose your position in an unfinished podcast. I think I've got a solution, but let me know if anyone else has any ideas.

I'll definitely make 'Enter' save them.

I'm working out a new system for keyboard shortcuts, I'm running out of keys on the Pearl :)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Tripper_ on Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:44 am

Yes I agree with you, I do not want to lose my position in an unfinished podcast. I've always liked how you can stop a podcast and pickup where you last listened. So there should be a hidden bookmark that plays the furthest known position on the podcast. I never thought about the the limited keys on the Pearl. I hope that you will continue to add short cuts for us that do have full qwerty keyboards. Thanks for all your hard work :D
Tripper_

New postby pastorhudson on Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:24 pm

I just installed Leaked OS 5.0.0.191 on my Tour(9630) and Podtrapper seems to work fine. In fact I noticed a new long awaited feature. . .The volume controls work even with PodTrapper in the background!!
pastorhudson

New postby marwatk on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:58 pm

Heh, good to know. Does the Tour have media keys on top?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements