Version 1.4.0 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.4.0 Released!

New postby marwatk on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:20 pm

Hi all,

I just released version 1.4.0 with some fixes and a new feature or two. Big new feature that has nothing to do with podcasts is the ability to download any large files from the web to a place of your choosing. If that's your thing, let me know how it works for you.

I'm still not done with podcast browsing, but I'm at least done with the device side of things. When I get the web side done it should just magically start working for everyone on 1.4.0+. (Of course, I say that now, but expect to see 1.4.1, 1.4.2, 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 to address issues with the stuff I've broken in 1.4.0). :)

Here's the change list:

* Show podcast reported length if we haven't played the podcast yet
* Added support for users with more than one service book (where some don't work)
* Allow for downloading of any internet file using the Podtrapper download mechanism forum post
* Username/password don't work for podcasts that require them forum post
* Podcasts that also include regular blog items get handled as media when they shouldn't (see http://thatswhatshesaid.libsyn.com/rss), hopefully I didn't break other podcasts with this change
* Fixed some minor bugs and memory issues
* More behind the scenes coding to facilitate podcast browsing

See the main page for the current todo list (http://www.versatilemonkey.com/)
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Version 1.4.0 Released!

New postby edzzik on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:31 pm

Hey,

What is podcast browsing?

Thanks,
Ed
edzzik

New postby marwatk on Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 pm

Eventually you'll be able to browse, search and subscribe to podcasts from Podtrapper. Hopefully by the end of this week (when my vacation runs out :), stupid day job...)

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby hoshposh on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:43 pm

Thanks for the new features. I just thought of another idea for you. Establishing your own podcast where you can provide this kind of release information. Then prepopulate PodTrapper with your podcast settings so that when people install, they get you telling them about the latest features. Also, since PodTrapper does a great job of updating with new episodes, it will allow your growing userbase hear about the latest features as PodTrapper is prompting them to upgrade the software :D

Cheers,
-Lyndon-
hoshposh

New postby marwatk on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:55 pm

*I* can't even stand the sound of my voice, there's no way I'd torture you kind people with it :)

I love the idea, though, :/ I'll have to think about it. I wonder if James Earl Jones is available for hire...

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements