New PodTrapper Beta

New Apps, versions, features, etc

New PodTrapper Beta

New postby marwatk on Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:54 pm

Hi all,

I really really wanted to get more than this done, I swear, but the delete/switch episode delay is taking a while to track down.

Here's what made it:
* Fixed issue with audio output methods preventing playback if correct method wasn't connected
* Added item in profiles for notification when episode download finishes
* Attempt at squashing the delays when switching and deleting episodes

Let me know how it goes. At this rate I should be through my list sometime in time to see apes take over the world.

Grab it here

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: New PodTrapper Beta

New postby marwatk on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:10 pm

Spoke too soon, forgot to check my 'immediate fixes' list. Just pushed another version (2.1.21) with these additional fixes:

* Delete after listening doesn't show up in apply to podcasts
* Errant thumbnails could crash podtrapper

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby arkolbus on Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:17 pm

Link says .21, but download screen says .19
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby Tripper_ on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:02 am

Thanks for adding the notification option. Works Great :D

After updating to this version a couple of icons for podcast have disappeared. I tried to restore and download new podcast but they will not reappear. Here's one of the podcast having a icon problem. URL:http://feeds.feedburner.com/astronomycast
Tripper_

New postby marwatk on Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:05 pm

arkolbus wrote:Link says .21, but download screen says .19

Generally a caching thing, try clearing it in your browser settings and it should clear up. Let me know if not.

Tripper_ wrote:After updating to this version a couple of icons for podcast have disappeared. I tried to restore and download new podcast but they will not reappear. Here's one of the podcast having a icon problem. URL:http://feeds.feedburner.com/astronomycast

Thanks, this is caused by my 'bad thumbnail' detection. I picked a number that thumbnails shouldn't be bigger than, and it looks like I picked wrong. (The thumbnail for that podcast is over 100k, heh). I'll up it a bit to compensate.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby papaquack on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:20 am

Good morning... got two questions regarding this new beta. I downloaded .21 last night (an upgrade from .14). Anyway, two new things have begun happening... one that's been mentioned here, and one that I'm not quite sure about.

I like the idea of having a notification for when a podcast finishes downloading... but how do I turn it off? Having my phone beep at me at midnight several times is not an option, especially for my wife. :-) I can't find the setting to turn it off.

Also, I have noticed this morning that I now get a notification beep when I'm deleting a podcast... either manually or or through the automatic delete after listening. I keep thinking I'm getting a phone call in between podcasts when I'm listening through my playlist. :-) Any way to turn this off?

Thanks for your help!
Philip
papaquack

New postby arkolbus on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 am

Go to the menu icon to change your profile, scroll down to the bottom, select advanced, highlight the profile you want to change, menu -> edit, then modify the alert settings
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby marwatk on Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:49 am

Hmm, is anyone else seeing the notification happen when deleting?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby diffused on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:14 am

I have deleted some episodes just now and not heard my profile tone. I have also downloaded some episodes (3) and the profile alerted me just fine. I have the beta 2121 on my tour.
diffused~

BOLD TOUCH 9930 O.S. 7.1.0.342
diffused

New postby mtech on Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:44 am

No problems with notification on delete.
Droid Bionic | Android 2.3.4 | System 5.5.886.XT875.Verizon,en.US| Fav Podcast: This American Life
mtech

New postby jayf on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:03 pm

My little red light flashes when I have to manually delete an episode after it has played and failed to auto delete. It seems to keep flashing after deletion until I minimize podtrapper and go to another screen.
jayf

New postby marwatk on Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:01 pm

jayf wrote:My little red light flashes when I have to manually delete an episode after it has played and failed to auto delete. It seems to keep flashing after deletion until I minimize podtrapper and go to another screen.

Can you send me a copy of your logs next time you see it not delete after finishing?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby papaquack on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:30 am

Hey guys... sorry I've been away from my computer for a couple of days. It appears that I may have had some weird anomaly when I kept getting notified when a podcast was deleted. Later that day (Saturday) I rebooted my Storm (mind you I rebooted on Friday after installing the new beta) after installing something else and since then I haven't had any of the symptons. Sorry 'bout that, but I'll let you know if it happens again.

However, I'm still not sure where I'm supposed to go to change the notification on newly downloaded podcasts. I don't see anywhere where there's a "Profile" menu and the only "Advanced" menu that I can find in PodTrapper is in the "Download Settings" menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Philip
papaquack

New postby arkolbus on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:51 am

papaquack wrote:However, I'm still not sure where I'm supposed to go to change the notification on newly downloaded podcasts. I don't see anywhere where there's a "Profile" menu and the only "Advanced" menu that I can find in PodTrapper is in the "Download Settings" menu. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Changing profile settings is obscure, and I wish I knew of an easier way to do it.

From the BB OS (not within any program), on the "desktop", there should be an icon that looks like a speaker (not podtrapper). This is the profile changer. I think this should be accessible from the "Home" screen, but that may be theme-dependent. You may have to go into the screen with all of your application icons. When you hover over it, it may say something like "Profiles (Normal)". When you click it, it should bring up a list of profiles (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, Off, etc). If you scroll to the bottom of this list, there should be an "Advanced..." option. From there, you can edit your profiles.
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

New postby papaquack on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:09 am

Bingo... it's called Sounds on my phone, but I think that's just what my theme named it. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks so much for your prompt reply! Have a GREAT day!!!

Philip
papaquack

New postby jayf on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:30 pm

marwatk wrote:
jayf wrote:My little red light flashes when I have to manually delete an episode after it has played and failed to auto delete. It seems to keep flashing after deletion until I minimize podtrapper and go to another screen.

Can you send me a copy of your logs next time you see it not delete after finishing?

-Marcus

I sure will. I've since discovered that even when it does successfully delete an episode after finishing the red indicator light still flashes.
jayf

New postby arkolbus on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:36 pm

papaquack wrote:Bingo... it's called Sounds on my phone, but I think that's just what my theme named it. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks so much for your prompt reply! Have a GREAT day!!!

Philip

Glad to help!
HTC Droid Incredible 2
Verizon Wireless
Android 2.3.3
Podtrapper 3.0.20
arkolbus

Return to Announcements