Version 1.5.0 Released!

New Apps, versions, features, etc

Version 1.5.0 Released!

New postby marwatk on Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:13 pm

And on the 42nd day it was feature complete, and it was [mostly] good. And on the 43rd day he would rest. Except for the 20 items on the todo list. Perhaps he would create some helpers to fix those :)

Hi all,

I just released version 1.5.0, now with playlist functionality. It's super simple, but that's kind of the point, so I hope you like it.

Also, I fixed the bug with podcast browsing where it would totally freak out your berry (it was mostly random what would happen if you subscribed to a podcast from there). That's what I get for deploying code to do it before actually having the website up to test with :) Also, you should be able to now backup and restore podtrapper settings when doing an OS upgrade (I haven't tested this yet, but I much prefer to just assume stuff works than actually test it -- see previous couple of sentences)

* Add playlist functionality for automatically playing podcasts in some order forum post
* Fixed issue where deleting podcasts would run forever
* Fixed issue where adding podcasts from podcast browser would perform unpredictably
* Added support for backup/restore and OS upgrades (to not lose Podtrapper settings)
* On Storm in File Playback, often when play an mp3 or when was trying the video playback, there is no sound until I push either volume key on the side of the device. Also if I hit the device's "Mute" button it mutes fine but when hit again still silent though can see is playing, have to hit the device's volume key to get sound again forum post

There were some additional backend changes that aren't worth noting.

So, with this version, PodTrapper is now major feature complete. Now it's on to tweaking and tuning it, which is much easier to do piecemeal. (Which is good, because on Friday I have to go back to my real job and will only be able to code it nights and weekends).

Well, I guess it's feature complete until one of you comes up with the next great idea (Playlist functionality wasn't my idea, after all, thanks, hunberry). So definitely let me know if there's more stuff you'd like to see.

And, of course, my todo list is still on the main page (and oddly seems to get longer the more I finish, go figure).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Re: Version 1.5.0 Released!

New postby ammonsd on Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:05 pm

Playlist works great and is easier to populate than the media player. However, I noticed the episodes are auto deleted from my BB once played. I don't know if this was intential or not, but I love the auto delete. If it wasn't intentional, then please make it an option instead of just taking it away.
ammonsd

New postby ammonsd on Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:18 am

I was wrong on the auto delete with the playlist. Instead, Podtrapper does not display the processed playlist episodes as "listened" (which is why I thought they had been deleted). In fact, they don't show up on the Podcast listing at all! So you can't find the "listened" episodes that where in the Playlist without opening each individual Podcast.
ammonsd

New postby marwatk on Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Hi ammonsd,

The playlist empties itself as things are listened to, so if you leave it and go back in you'll only see the remaining items in it. My reasoning here is that podcasts and files are really one-time listens, and so it would be best if you didn't have to be constantly emptying out the playlist, only adding new things you want to hear.

Hope this makes sense,

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to Announcements