Download Priority

Anything that isn't a bug or feature request goes here

Download Priority

New postby Peter Kupfer on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:46 pm

What is the download/play priority and what can I do with it?
Peter Kupfer

Re: Download Priority

New postby marwatk on Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:35 pm

In the playlist screen, now, there's the ability to 'Add Episodes'. In there you can choose which episodes to add and then how to sort them. One option for sorting is the 'Playback priority', and it can be sorted in either direction.

So, if you have podcasts you always want to hear first, you can set them as such when creating a playlist.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can answer anything else for you.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
For more/quicker help make sure to check out the user manuals
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Peter on Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:59 am

Which is a higher priority, 1 or 10?

If 1 is highest, I would suggest not making the default 1. Because when I add podcasts I have to change each one.
Peter

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:28 am

Hi Peter,

When adding to a playlist you can choose to order ascending or descending, so either way works. Though I agree it should probably default to a number with leeway on either side. I'll add that to the list.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Peter on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:40 am

So, I am still confused about playback priority. I tried setting one feed at 5 and the rest at 1 and then I loaded the 1 priority in the playlist after the 5 and and I would have thought the 1 would have skipped the 5 over, but it didn't. I am understanding what the function should be correctly?

Thanks,
PK
Peter

New postby marwatk on Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi PK,

It's actually only when generating a playlist via the 'Add Episode' menu item when viewing a playlist. It allows you to add episodes according to some criteria. What I could/should do is also add a 'Sort playlist' feature that will allow you to resort the current playlist.

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby Peter on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 am

Marcus --

That would be cool too. I have always made the playlist by going through each podcast and selecting adding to playlist. If I use the add episode feature, that would probably work for me though.

I wonder if anyone else would be interested in option to have certain feeds automatically added to the playlist. For example I have one breaking news feed and it might be interesting if that feed would automatically jump to the top of my playlist (interrupting my current viewing) and then the original start again. (I am not trying to kill you with ideas, these things just pop in my head, and I don't even know how feasible that is.)

Thanks again for a great product!
Peter

New postby marwatk on Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Yeah, having new episodes auto enter the playlist would be good (and optionally get resorted to the correct location) I'll add that to the list...

I'm always up for new ideas, so definitely don't hesitate to post them. Worst case scenario is I tell you your idea is stupid and you're stupid for suggesting it. :) (Not really).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby mfrome on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Just want to add that the auto add with priority is exactly how I would want to use the app. Figured multiple users saying this might increase the chance of it getting in...
mfrome

New postby marwatk on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 pm

It'll definitely get in there, hopefully for the next release (though work has been a bit busy lately, so it's getting slightly delayed).

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

New postby D02 on Tue May 12, 2009 7:32 am

Hi all,
I just bought and started using Podtrapper. I have noticed the podcasts download randomly. I just subscribed to a podcast that has 80 feeds. so why is it downloading feeds 50 thru 55 and not starting with the oldest podcast first. thanks
D02

New postby marwatk on Wed May 13, 2009 7:47 pm

This is a new one for me. The only thing I can guess is that the feed was corrupted with the initial download, which resulted in the ones getting marked that did, and then the next update worked and finished off the list. That's just a shot in the dark though. It should always download the most recent episodes. Have you seen that behavior on other podcasts?

-Marcus
Versatile Monkey
marwatk
Lead (and only) Monkey

Return to General Discussion