BT transport controls not working under ICS

Go here if you're having an issue with Podtrapper.

BT transport controls not working under ICS

New postby FreydNot on Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm

I just loaded up a custom ROM of Ice Cream Sandwich on my Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) last night and really love it. ICS really breathed new life into my old phone. Podtrapper is working pretty well. I restored it from a Titanium Backup and left all of the SD card folder in place so I didn't go through the normal install process. So far the only problem I have is the Bluetooth transport controls are not working for me.

When playing a video, pressing the pause, FF, or RW buttons on my headset/headphones (Backbeat 9xx) causes the transport control bar to come up in PT, but it doesn't actually take the action. If I can press the pause button twice quickly, it will pause. It seems like the controls work if the transport control bar is already visible in PT. If I touch the video screen (which causes the control bar to come up) and then press pause on the BT, the video pauses.

The transport controls are completely non-functional when playing an audio podcast.

I will send in a debug log via email but I wanted to post here as well.

Anyone else using ICS?

Edit: BT controls work fine in the native ICS media player so it isn't a general ICS bug.
FreydNot

Re: BT transport controls not working under ICS

New postby FreydNot on Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Nobody else running ICS?

Marcs, are you still around?
FreydNot

New postby FreydNot on Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:07 pm

I also notice that I have to press the power button 3 times in a row to get Podtrapper to pause or resume.

I would really like to see this addressed soon, but it seems Marcus isn't doing much updating on Podtrapper lately.
FreydNot

New postby dwas on Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:50 am

I have just upgraded to ICS on a Galaxy SII (UK Voda) and I see the same problem.
dwas

New postby FreydNot on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Unfortunately it seems that Marcus is no longer responding to bug reports. I am now looking for an alternative to PodTrapper that is being actively developed. PodTrapper is always my number 1 choice, but I really need to the bluetooth transport controls to work.
FreydNot

New postby FreydNot on Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:45 pm

For anyone still following along, I have switched to dogcatcher. Its a little different from PodTrapper but it is fairly similar. It does work under Ice Cream Sandwich.
FreydNot

Return to Bugs and help