Feature: More versatility in alarm functions

Forum rules
Use the topics below to discuss existing feature requests for HoneyDew.

Click here to add a new feature request, view the existing requested features, and vote for your favorites

Feature: More versatility in alarm functions

New postby Feature Bot on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:53 pm

User Anguish submitted the following feature request:

More versatility in alarm functions

Vote for your favorite features
Feature Bot
Magic Bot

More versatility in alarm functions

New postby Anguish on Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:53 pm

The alarms function works fine for what it is, but it only extends the existing alarm portion of the standard clock. I'd like to see it also extend the Timer portion of the standard clock. Specifically, I'd like to be able to set up perhaps a half-dozen different timers, and run them simultaneously.

The implementation:

Make a timer1, timer2, timer3, timer4, timer5, and timer6 display, allowing start, stop, and edit buttons beside each time. The edit button allows us to define the length of time that associated timer should count down from.

What for? Say... cooking. Some dishes will be done in 15 minutes, some 30 minutes, some 12 minutes. It would be convenient to be able to set all three timers and start them when the appropriate dish hits the stove. Having a half-dozen of these thing would allow us to leave them at commonly used times, such as 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 and 60 minute settings. The standard clock's timer requires editing every time you want to use a different timer length. Annoying.
Anguish

Re: Feature: More versatility in alarm functions

New postby cr500taco on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:25 am

Setting an alarm for a specified date.
cr500taco

Re: Feature: More versatility in alarm functions

New postby sealevel on Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:44 am

I use lots of timers as reminders that are pointless as a calendar entries. For example: remember to unload washing machine, bring washing in in 4 hours, when can i take my next headache tablets, kids fighting over XBOX, etc. Lots of simple timers you want to reuse and also a really simple quick "just remind me in 35 mins"

I've got 2 other timer apps on my BB 9700 but they make simple timers too complicated.
sealevel

Return to Feature requests